Wednesday, December 30, 2009

BIG BAD RESOLUTIONS

I normally don’t make just one resolution, that is too intense for me. All of the attention is focused on that one, single, solitary resolution and then I get performance anxiety and just back down. Yeah, it probably isn’t quite that dramatic, but still. I figure that if I make several goals, I have a much better chance at keeping at least ONE of them. Is that logic backwards? I am a little backwards, so its okay.
The Big Bad Resolution List of 2010:
1. Be more patient. This is going to be a hard one. I am not a naturally patient person. I see that my lovely two year old is inheriting this from me, and that is not so nice. I want to be a good example for her and I really think this will have the biggest impact.
2. Learn more about photography. I used to be so into photography, but somewhere between being a college student and having a baby, I wandered away from the hobby. I’d love to get back into it and better my skills.
3. Try more things (events, restaurants, markets, ect.) locally. If I could choose anywhere to live right now North Texas probably wouldn’t be my first choice. Nevertheless, it is where I am and I have decided to do my best to put a positive spin on it. I want to learn and experience more of my surroundings.
4. Spend more time creating things. I scrapbooked last night with my mum for the first time in months and had an amazing time. I realized how much I missed just sitting down and making something out of nothing. It is so relaxing and a great way to spend quality time with my mum (which I definitely don’t get enough of).
As of right now, that is all I’ve got. I’m sure along the course of the next year I will add to and edit this list. I am excited for the next year and excited for my new blog.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...