Wednesday, December 30, 2009

MEET 'N GREET


Hi, I’m Desiree. I am a silly, crazy, stressed, creative, sarcastic, fashionable (I like to think) college student and parent on a budget. I like my life to be as streamlined as possible, which can be a challenge when you have a two year old. Enough about me, lets talk about the birth of this brand new baby blog. After realizing that I have 40+ pairs of shoes, yet I was only wearing the same two pairs over and over and over again, I decided that I needed to switch it up a little. I made the choice to try and put a little more effort into what I looked like, which led me to the fashion blogs. I found myself incredibly inspired, not only by the fashion but also by the writing, photography, and decor that I discovered.
For months I kicked around the idea of starting my own blog but I wasn’t entirely sure how I wanted to go about it. Then it hit me - there is no time better than NOW. We are about to hop right into a new year and I feel like this blog will help me keep several of my New Year’s Resolutions (which will come later). So yes, my shoe collection spawned this blog but once I put more thought into it, it turned out to be a creative outlet for me.I have a few goals for this blog and I love lists, so said goals will be delivered in list format :)
1. To get all of my creative/silly/interesting/dumb/whatever thoughts out of my head and onto paper (er, E-ink?).
2. To show people that even though it isn’t easy to find a balance between being a student, a mum, and just myself - it can be done and I’m going to figure out how.
3. To try new local things and showcase them for people who live/visit the Dallas area.
4. For personal growth. My hope is that if I have a commitment to showcasing the things I do/wear/create/think then I will be more diligent about not falling back into a comfort zone with these things.

So, here it is. My blog. I hope you will enjoy the things that float around in my head. My life is crazy, but who doesn’t have a crazy life? It is more fun that way.

1 comment:

Lipstick Rules said...

Welcome to blogging! I look forward to reading more of your posts and seeing what you looks you create!
Found you through What I Wore site.

Michelle
lipstickrules.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...