Monday, January 4, 2010

BLACK LOVES BROWN

(Sweater: F21; Turtleneck: Burlington Coat Factory; Jeans/Leggings: F21; Belt: Thrifted Nine West; Boots: Target; Bag: Foley + Corinna)

I had a couple errands to run today and then decided to have an impromptu lunch/play date with one of my mommy friends. Looking back, the heels were probably not the best idea for running after a 2 and 3 year old, but it could have been worse.

I've been pining to mix neutrals for a while now. I was first inspired by the ladies over at Academichic when I saw how wonderfully they mixed neutrals. I always thought that black and brown didn't go together - I was so wrong. I think with the right mix, it looks awesome. I'm pretty happy with how the outfit came together. On another note, while I was getting dressed today I realized that I have barely any patterns in my closet. I am going to check around on the sales racks and thrift store to wade into the pool of colorful patterns.

Okay, I have to give these pants/leggings/jeggings/whateverrrr a HUGE thumbs up. They are the most comfortable thing. Ever. I love them and I don't think I ever want to wear real denim again (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating but they are just so great). Anyway, the turtleneck and sweater are staples in my wardrobe because I'm a sucker for sweaters and the color black. These boots were a struggle to get. I wanted them forever and when I saw them in my local Target store I was going to get them, then I decided not to, then they didn't have them when I went back because I decided I was dumb for not getting them, then they didn't have them in my size online and I was one sad girl. Then, one day when I wasn't even looking for them - there they were in my size. It was fate and I had to buy them. I realize that that was one giant, crazy sentence but anybody else who loves shoes will understand.

Hope you all had a magical Monday!

9 comments:

Second Skin said...

Um YA, great boots! Lovely layering! And SOOOO happy you are on Blogger! Welcome! and I added you to my blogroll!

Oh and I am sure i don't have to tell you, but shhhh about what we talked about, you know the numbers thing. See you around girly!

D. said...

I'm happy to be here! Thanks so much for adding me!

Raineeday said...

I really like those boots with that bag!

The Daily Fashionista said...

Those are some crazy cool boots!!! I am digging the color and the neat details on the side. Oh and I found your blog via Weardrobe!

Justine said...

ohh jeggings. I just can't take the plunge! But I'm glad you're lovin' them. I bet they are super comfy... that's why I wear my ponte leggings all the time. Nice. :)

Justine

D. said...

@The Daily Fashionista Thanks so much for checking me out! I loove these boots. It makes it even better that they were cheap and that they're comfy!

@Justine AH, the jegging. I was on the fence, but these are a little thicker AND they have pockets so I figure its worth a shot. Plus, they were $12.

Emily Kennedy said...

Wow! Nice boots! Tres chic and they're from Target?! What a lucky girl!

D. said...

@Emily Kennedy I was hesitant about buying them because I didn't want them to look quite as cheap as they were. But then I figured - I love them, I don't care if other people do or not! Plus, they are so comfy!

D. said...

@Emily Kennedy I was hesitant about buying them because I didn't want them to look quite as cheap as they were. But then I figured - I love them, I don't care if other people do or not! Plus, they are so comfy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...