Friday, January 15, 2010

BRIGHT SUNSHINY DAY

I keep telling fibs in my post titles. I didn't get rained on yesterday and today was definitely not a bright sunshiny day, buuuut I did wear yellow today and yellow always makes me feel sunny and cheerful.

Have I ever mentioned that yellow and grey is one of my FAVORITE color combinations ever? Well - it is. I know I've said that I am loving grey right now and adding a little splash of yellow to it just seems ... right. I have a pair of little yellow kitten wedges and a grey dress that I'm dying to break out. I'll have to mix them in very soon.

The rest of my outfit is super simple - ballet flats for comfort, soft (grey!) wrap for warmth and a big cocktail ring to add a little glam to an otherwise very simple outfit. I am spending the evening/night scrapbooking with my mum so I just want to be warm and comfy. Mission accomplished. What do you guys wear when you want to be comfy but not frumpy?



(Wrap: F21; Shirt: Walmart; Tank: Target; Jeans: F21; Shoes: Ruby & Bloom via Nordstrom; Ring: Target)

7 comments:

Leproust Vintage said...

This is the perfect comfy but chic outfit! I too always turn toward skinny jeans, a comfy sweater, and ballet flats or flat boots on casual days.

M. said...

cute outfit girl!

lovelove, M.
http://marissaexplains.blogspot.com

Ambre said...

Looks cuuuute! :)

Kyla said...

Gray and yellow is one of my favorite color combinations!

I think I say that about a lot of colors ... but really ... this is my favorite!

Emily Kennedy said...

A good bright saffron yellow totally makes my day as well. Dark red is my signature color, but warm bold yellow is so refreshing.

Cute outfit for a comfy scrapbooking get together. When I want to be comfy, I would say I follow many of the same principles: soft layers, tried and true jeans, and reliable shoes. A scarf or a bling necklace can be the fashion.

G&M said...

great ring!

elledee said...

That ring is so fab! I can't believe it was $8.

www.glammed.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...