Friday, January 29, 2010

COZY WITH A CHANCE OF COLOR

It got cold in Texas today. I've been saving this huuuuge sweater for the first frigid day we've had of 2010. I know that sounds silly but I don't get to wear my cold weather clothes all the time so I like to make it count when I do get to. I was worried that I was gonna look too frumpy in the big sweater but I love how the boots make it look nicer.

I took my best friend and her bf to a few thrift stores in McKinney. She ended up finding a bunch of blazers and suit skirts that she liked. One came from Nieman Marcus and was only $1.75, can we say steal? She ended up loving the thrift shopping experience which makes me happy because I don't get to see her that often so when I do I like to share things like that with her.

I also found a J.Crew winter white skirt for $1.75 that I can't wait to style up. I've been dying to try the winter white thing for quite some time now, I just didn't have any items but thanks to my friendly neighborhood Goodwill now I do!


(Sweater: Thrifed Abercrombie; Tights: Target; Necklace: Walmart; Belt F21; Boots: Charles David)

Tonight I'm trying out a little wine bar in McKinney that I've been dying to go to. It is called Zin Zen Wine Bistro, I'll be sure to let everyone know how it is, of course. Happy weekend!

7 comments:

Second Skin said...

SOO cute! Suggly and warm!

Fashion Therapist said...

You look so adorable in these pictures. I love the color of tights you chose!

Emily Kennedy said...

Are those the boots? The famous boots that are difficult to style? Well, regardless, your boots look great and they are the perfect balance to the volume of the sweater, they look great!

Jessica said...

Cute! I really like that necklace.

Leproust Vintage said...

I LOVE big cozy sweaters on chilly days! I love how you style it!

Have fun at the wine bar!

Audrey Allure said...

beautiful outfit, i like the tights.

love your blog! :)
- Audrey Allure <3
http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

D. said...

Yes, these are THE boots. Wouldn't ya know it, they weren't too hard to style. Also wouldn't ya know it, I broke one of the heels. Not beyond repair broke, but it was a little wobbly. Dang it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...