Thursday, January 14, 2010

RAINDROPS KEEP FALLING ON MY HEAD


Actually that title is not true. No raindrops fell on my head today, which is disappointing to me because I love the rain. I was all ready in my wellies today when I looked outside and saw that it was completely dry. When I checked the weather I realize that we only had a 50% chance and not until the evening - UGH. I hate when Texas weather people build up all this mess about the huge "monsoon" we're going to have and then nothing happens. It saddens me.

Enough ranting about the Texas weather situation though. So I've seen all of these awesome fashion bloggers mixing mustard and purple. I was a bit hesitant at first because as far as color combos go, I never really thought of those two together. At first, I had this mustard shirt on with a purple dress, black leggings and my wellies but I decided there wasn't enough purple in the wellies and scrapped everything but the leggings and the shirt.
Then, this outfit was born. I hardly ever wear this shirt because I always think that it looks like a uniform shirt and it wrinkles easily AND the collar never lays right (ok why did I buy this thing?). But today I decided that if I paired it with some colorful items it didn't look completely bad.


(Shirt: F21; Tee: A'gaci; Scarf: F21; Leggings: Walmart; Boots: Thrifted)

I adore my boots. I was worried they wouldn't be very comfy but I wore them shopping with my friend Ashlee for a few hours and they were great. They are just the right amount of beat up. I love it.

And, I kid you not, these three song came on my iTunes one right after the other while I was writing this post. I think it is a sign that it is going to rain more.
"Raindrops keep fallin' on my head." -B.J. Thomas (Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head (duh))
"It's more than just words: it's just tears and rain." -James Blunt (Tears and Rain)
"Thunder only happens when its rainin'." -Fleetwood Mac (Dreams)

5 comments:

Second Skin said...

I AM SOOO IMPRESSED by your thrift finds! Especially THOSE BOOTS and that poncho! Great job and I love how you have integrated them into your style!

fadetoblack said...

love your boots!++

Kyla said...

Those boots are amazing! I'm so jealous!

Emily Kennedy said...

Dude. Your iTunes is on some crazy surveillance nuttiness.

Mystic Lake is going to rock in your house. Every room in my house is a different color and it's all kinds of fun.

I keep all my jewelry in my bathroom too, on this stand I got from PBTeen. The one thing I don't quite like is that silver tarnishes much faster than usual when exposed to alot of moisture. Boo hoo.

Jessica said...

Really cute boots!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...