Tuesday, February 23, 2010

SPRING IN FEBRUARY?

I really wanted to actually get dressed this morning but, alas, my poor BG has caught whatever I had so I got little sleep last night. Needless to day, we are both at home today resting up. My day will consist of many (many, many, many) episodes of Wonder Pets, Little Bear and Dora the Explorer - very glamorous stuff, I tell ya!

I'm glad I saved the wedding attire for today, even though I was super ready to post it yesterday. Everyone told me this dress was too Springy for a February wedding but too bad because it has been hanging in my closet for six months and it needed to be worn! As you know, I adore yellow and grey, so that was the starting point. I have been seeing yellow and black everywhere for Spring and decided to add a bit of that in there too. I never would have done red lips and nails too, but I was feeling adventurous and glam.

You know those outfits that you just feel so pretty in? This was definitely one of those. Q's niece came over right before we left and said, "I love your shoes. And you nails. And you lips. Oh, oh, and your dress and tights." Compliments from a child are always the best because you know they are completely heartfelt.


(Dress: F21 / Cardi: Nordstrom / Tights: Sears / Shoes: What'sWhat? via DSW / Ring: Super Cool $1 Jewelry Store)

13 comments:

Loving Chiaradeanna said...

what a gorgeous dress! Like it so much! ;)

Jessica said...

Pretty!

Lala and Bitsy said...

oooh! that is a lovely dress!
p.s. tuck is my favorite wonder pet! haha :)

KT said...

The dress with the rights and sweater could totally work for a Feb. wedding. So glad you rocked it.

Sonya said...

That dress is so pretty! I love how you winterized it by adding black/gray. It is also perfect for spring/summer!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Melrose said...

that yellow dress just brightened up my whole day! its so freaking fabulous, and so perfect for an "im feeling MUCH better moment!

Emily Kennedy said...

Totally agree with the niece. Really cute outfit!

E said...

I always get flattered when my little cousin asks to borrow my shoes! And you look just lovely! I love that ring and the pretty yellow dress!

Tieka, Selective Potential said...

Loveee that dress! And your ring! Perfect styling! :)

The Daily Fashionista said...

I love that dress so much!! What a fun print! It all looks great together!

Kyla said...

Oh, this looks amazing! I love every single thing about it! And the red nails and lips were the PERFECT touch! That dress is just incredible - I'd love to see it with a belt, too!

A Thought Is The Blossom said...

you look gorgeous desiree! i hate fashion rules of when you can wear white or yellow or straw hats or whatever... it's so silly. wear what makes you feel good! your lips and nails look nice too. you make me wish i wasn't so scared of lipstick. ohh and compliments from kids are the best because they're the most sincere!

Fashion Therapist said...

I don't think it's too springy at all. I love how you paired it with your cardi and black to make it season appropriate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...