Friday, February 12, 2010

WHITE ELEPHANT


I have a process when it comes to following bloggers. I like go back and read all of their archives before I hit that follow button. I do this for two reasons: 1.) It helps me see if I like their style. While I can appreciate all style, we are all drawn to different things. 2.) I feel like it helps me get to "know" them a little better and I think it is much more fun to follow a blogger that you feel like you know.

One of the first bloggers I ever started following was Kyla from Blue Collar Catwalk. Now, if you've followed my blog for any amount of time, you know that I've referred to her before. From reading all of her archives, I know that she loves wooden jewelry in the summer and a special place in her heart for elephants. So, naturally, when I saw this necklace at Goodwill I thought of her instantly. Does anybody else do this? Think of the bloggers that they follow when they see something in stores? Or am I just weird?

7 comments:

Sonya said...

I do the same thing before I follow anyone blog, too! I adore that necklace by the way. Anything with elephants or owls, I love :)

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

Christina said...

what a lovely necklace!
http://hauteandfauxie.blogspot.com/

Kyla said...

You're right! I LOVE that necklace! What a lucky find! And your instinct to pair it with something simple.

I only wear Hue tights. I have a pair of WLC, but Hues are much softer and I've only torn one pair in the last 4 or so years.

Bridget said...

I love to wear all black too. Black is a beautiful color. =]

bridget-frances.blogspot.com

Emily Kennedy said...

Tights! I think you should get two colors: amethyst and emerald. Especially since you love wearing black, these are two colors that will be a nice change up from time to time.

I agree with Kyla about Hue being the best tights in the world, but they are difficult for me to find. Of course, I live in small town Kansas, so that may be part of the problem.

Melrose said...

very awesome elephant!

and yes, totally! lol every time i see owl jewelry i think of indiana adams form adored austin! i thought i was the only weird one! isnt it strange how attached you can get to people you read?

Jessica said...

I totally think of other bloggers when shopping! I thought I was the only one, haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...