Thursday, February 11, 2010

WINTERY MIX

We have snow! I've lived in Texas for nearly ten years and I don't think I've ever seen this much snow here. Needless to say, everybody is freaking out and it is taking twice as long to get anywhere but I don't care because it is SNOWING! It makes me so happy. I would have been even happier if my classes had been cancelled, but they weren't. Its okay thought because (you guessed it) it is SNOWING!

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people tell me that I wouldn't like the snow/cold if I had to deal with it all winter. I always promptly reply with, "I lived in Pennsylvania for half my life, I've dealt with snow all winter for many winters." Then they always reply, "Ohh you were too young to remember." I was not too young to remember! I know I love the cold and the snow, why can't people just let me love it - goodness! I had to throw this in there because every single time it gets cold or snows here, I have this exact conversation with at least one person.


(Sweater: Old Navy; Scarves: Walmart & Old Navy; Pants: F21; Boots: Enzo Angiolini; Hat: Target)

I wish BG were here to make a snowman with me but since she isn't, I'm off to make some soup and read Wuthering Heights (again).

3 comments:

Clara said...

amazing look
i love the green touch
xx

Emily Kennedy said...

He he he. You're so cute. I appreciate that you're a resident Texan who loves snow. I'm a resident Kansan who doesn't. Maybe we could trade places?

*stars*in*my*pocket* said...

Ha... I can so relate. I grew up in Central FL and dream of moving to NYC... My dad always tells me "you wouldnt like the snow, you wouldnt like the crowds, you wouldnt like the noise". I hate it when he says that. TRY ME- I bet I'd love it! I <3 snow too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...