Monday, March 1, 2010

EXCEEDED EXPECTATIONS

I did not have high hopes for today. I woke up late and ended up having to rush to my first day of kindergarten observation. My day quickly turned around once I got to the school. I was completely blown away and inspired - that will teach me to think negatively! I can't wait to have my own classroom. I was only there for four hours, but it felt so amazing do be doing what I love. Clearly I have chosen the correct career path.

I felt like I needed to be a bit more professional today. Hopefully this translates as (slightly) professional? I had second thoughts about the colored tights but it just felt so blah with plain black tights. Also, heels are a must with this dress. It is hiked up a tad here, but at normal length it makes me look like I'm a little girl.


(Dress: Banana Republic / Sweater: F21 / Tights: Target / Shoes: Payless / Necklace: Walmart / Hat: Target)

7 comments:

Jessica said...

Love your shoes and necklace. I'm so glad you're happy with your career choice. I hope I feel that way some day!

Emily Kennedy said...

Love love love these colors! And that necklace, which so beautifully resembles grapes. DELISH!

fromsneakerstostilettos said...

I love that necklace. It reminds me of berries and I love berries! I also like the colored tights. I am a teacher and wear colored tights often, so I think that you are ok in that area as far as professionalism.

Starr- A Thought Is The Blossom said...

your look great Ms. Desiree! i think these tights are perfectly acceptable for a professional job.

Katie said...

i love the color of those tights!

i hate feeling like my day is ruined because I'm late in the morning..but sometimes the day turns around!

Alyssa said...

Wow, I LOVE this outfit! I am really digging that shade of plum. Also, your necklace is a real statement piece—and it's from Payless, which sometimes has really cool jewelry! I recently got some rings there. Nice post :D Also, that's cool you want to be a Kindergarden teacher. Such an interesting age group.

Leah said...

That necklace is awesome. Seriously, it's from Walmart?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...