Thursday, March 18, 2010

LACE AND LAUNDRY

As I said before, I'm doing my best to stop looking for the right occasion to wear something. I've had these tights for a few weeks now and just have been putting off wearing them because I didn't feel like I had anything special to get dressed up for. Instead of feeling that way, I dressed up today just because I felt like it. I didn't do anything other than watch a movie and go to the laundromat, but that's okay.

Speaking of the laundromat. I felt a smidge overdressed when I walked in. This is the conversation that ensued via text message with Q and me.

Me: I'm wearing lace tights at the laundromat and people are looking at me like I'm an idiot.
Q: Maybe they are just awe struck by your chic fashion sense.
Me: No, I don't think that is it.

I did, in fact, feel slightly silly. But I love my lace tights and I don't care. So ha, take that silly laundromat people!




(Shirt: A'Gaci / Skirt: F21 / Tights & Belt: F21 / Vest: Walmart /Shoes: Steve Madden)

11 comments:

Lala & Bitsy said...

is it just me or do you have some amazing skirts? you pull them off so well! really like this one!

heather said...

i think your lace tights are absolutely perfect. it's not necessarily where you go, but how you feel when you get there... does that make sense? i guess i mean do what makes you happy =] i sometimes get strange looks from people but at least we're living life!

alya said...

I LOVE the print of the skirt and the white lace tights.

I feel when people stare they may be thinking you're overdressed and silly, but at the same time are envious that you are confident enough to go out so obviously overdressed. People in the laundromat seem to be particularly disturbed by outfits consisting of more than sweats...

The Daily Fashionista said...

People just don't get fashion at the laundromat. Usually the uniform for laundry cleaning is pj pants, and oversized t-shirts with holes in them. At least at my laundromat!hehehe. You look great:)

Amy said...

OMG! We have almost the EXACT same outfit on... I am wearing that actual skirt(dont you love it!) and I almost wore my white lace tights too, but I opted for navy instead...and I am wearing flats too. We must have been reading each other's minds!!

Anyways, you look adorable! Hope you have a great wkend.

xoxo
Amy

Starr Crow said...

the lace tights and floral skirt look soo good together though! who cares if ppl around you arent dressed up, they're just looking b/c they wish they could dress up like you!!! :)

Desiree Fawn said...

Those tights are so sweet! Very lovely outfit ^_^

Emily Kennedy said...

Well, those are really really cute tights, and that's right: get dressed if you want to. Just rock it on out!

Angelina Marie Bibliophile said...

You look fantastically spring-like.

PS- when have we ever cared what other people think of us?

Alyssa said...

Sweet outfit! LOVE your skirt and especially with those tights. Very spring-like. :D

natalia said...

Aww, I love those tights! They remind me of the tights I wore on special occasions as a wee little kid. :D
People give me funny looks every time I wear patterned or bright coloured tights. I think it just comes with the territory. Whatev...the important thing is YOU know you're awesome. :D

nat / datinganalbino.tumblr.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...