Monday, April 26, 2010

BRILLIANT BLUEBONNETS, PT. 1

This post is on the picture heavy side. I couldn't decide which ones to post because the lighting was just insanely amazing and we were able to get so many great shots. I'm going to do the bluebonnet photos in a few different posts, starting with the outfit shots of just me, then the ones of baby girl, and finally the group shots.

Excessive? Probably.



129-2025-2
134-2124-2
(I love the above shot of me with baby girl playing in the background. Its like, yeah I take pictures of myself everyday, but I really do have a life outside of it - most of the time.)
245-2
002-1
For those of you who don't know, or don't live in Texas, bluebonnets are the state flower of Texas. They bloom from mid-March to May-ish but are really the best in the last two weeks of April (most years). The bluebonnets are the most wonderful shade of not-quite-blue and not-quite-purple and they smell amazing. We've done bluebonnet pictures each year since I got pregnant in 2007 and, each year, they end up being some of my favorite pictures.

And PS, I entered the Weardrobe Perfectly Pastoral contest with these pictures. If you're a Weardrobe member and you like it, then I'd love for you to heart it. If you're not a Weardrobe
member, then you really should be because it is pretty cool.


Dress: Charlotte Russe
Jacket: F21
Belt: A'Gaci
Hat: Eugenia Kim for Target


7 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

So that is a bluebonnet? I think we have some growing at the side of our house! I guess I should go smell them to see if they're for real bluebonnets or just some other cute flower.

That dress is gorgeous on you. For reals.

alya said...

Yes, the lighting in these pictures is gorgeous! And I love the super, super pretty dress made a bit more casual with the jean jacket and hat.

Natasha said...

The pic with your daughter in the background is lovely! Love this outfit!!...I like seeing how people "dress down" girly/fancy clothes!

SWF_Terra said...

Not excessive in the least! You look stunning in these pictures and I love that you have your little one running in the background. I'm running to weardrobe to vote for this. So pretty.

Alyssa said...

The lighting in these pictures is so lovely... I really like your simple yet stylish outfit.... your hat especially! What a nice setting! Looks like it would be so nice to take a book out there and read all day.

Amy said...

This is the most beautiful set of photos...you both look like this should be for a campaign or something. Love that dress too!

xoxo
Amy

Kyla said...

That first photo is AHmazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...