Thursday, April 8, 2010

GOING WITHOUT

012
018
I think Toms shoes are fantastic. They are so comfy and minimalistic. Throw in an donated pair for each pair purchased and I'm sold, pun intended. Well, today was there A Day Without ShoesIt is pretty self explanatory.

To be fair, I did not go the whole day without shoes. I had a science lab today and we aren't allowed in the lab room without proper foot wear (they take their environmental science very seriously) so I donned my Toms for classes today. I did, however, spend my two hour lunch break barefoot making lunch, taking outfit pictures, letting my dogs out, and running around trying to get some last minute class stuff together. It may not seem like a big deal to spend two hours barefoot, especially when you're mostly doing around your own house but I couldn't help but feel icky after my outfit pictures. I wanted to go wash my feet off right away but I wanted until I was about to leave for class again. This just goes to show how spoiled I am. We don't think of having proper foot covering as being spoiled, but to many people around the world, it is a huge deal.

The little time I spent without my shoes made me realize how much I take for granted. I really am very lucky. It is just something to think about.

Oh, and just a little side note, I feel like I have a pretty healthy self-esteem when it comes to body issues but one of my few qualms with my body are my toes. So it is kinda a big deal that they are on my blog in a picture form.
campaign.
001 003
010
Shirt: twelfth of eleven / JCPenny
Tank (underneath): Target
Sweater Vest: Miley Cyrus / Walmart
Jeans: F21
Shoes: Oh wait, A Day Without Shoes
Necklace: Walmart
(I can't settle on a way that I like labeling my outfit details. So bear with me on this for a bit. Input is always appreciated.)

3 comments:

Dani said...

I had to wear my TOMS to my internship (policy against being barefoot) but I was barefoot on campus all day! My feet are gross and they hurt, but it was so worth it! You are AWESOME for blogging about the cause! Hope yall are doing good! Love love love, Dani

PS: You're crazy! You have very cute toes, and I love that polish!

Alyssa said...

ooh LOVE your necklace! I have to admit that I'm a bit surprised it's from Walmart... don't know why!

t said...

Cute outfit!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...