Thursday, April 22, 2010

SIGNATURES


It is funny how, after taking pictures of yourself for a while, you come to realize that you have your signature poses. I wasn't going to post all of these pictures until I realized that these cemented my feelings about signatures. Holding my hair with my left had in definitely something I do in most of my pictures.

First of all, it is a comfort thing. I rarely know what to do with my hands in general, let alone when taking pictures of myself. If my hands are not doing something then they are probably always in my hair - twisting it, braiding it, tying it in knots (weird, yes). I definitely got this from my mother and, seeing as my baby falls asleep while playing with my hair rather than holding a blankie or such, I think it is safe to say that she got it from me.

Also, it is just plain practicality. It is very windy in Texas and if I didn't hold my hair then it would be in my face for most of my photos. Which, is not exactly what I'm going for most days.
Ah, thus the hand in the hair. And so a signature pose is born, I suppose.

Oh yeah, the outfit. I like it. Boots and dresses are making me happy as of late.

007-1010-1
013-1019-1
Dress: F21
Vest: Miley Cirus / Wal-Mart
Scarf (as belt): my mum's closet
Boots: Vintage / Thrifted via Friends of the Inn
Necklace (tusk): F21 / via my bff
Key (key): antique / DIY
Ring: my mum's closet

3 comments:

alya said...

I really, really love this look! The print of the dress is beautiful and I love the vest lightening the whole thing by picking up on the white in the dress.

And I definitely have come to see myself repeating poses in my daily photos...didn't realize I was doing it but now I do it purposely just to keep the theme going...hahaha.

Kyla said...

This dress is beautiful! I love that you styled it with the brown accents, too!

Alyssa said...

Oh, LOVE that dress!!! I'm really diggin how you tied the scarf around your waist for the belt, it works great. Love this outfit!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...