Thursday, May 13, 2010

A GRAINY JUSTIFICATION

I'll be the first to admit that these images are not optimal for displaying my outfit. Buuut, last night I was messing around with the ISO and shutter speed settings on my camera. Well, have you ever just gotten carried away and pushed too many buttons one right after another? I did. Today. When I was taking these photos. So I don't know how I got to where these photos are the way they are. My best guess is a high-ish ISO, fast shutter speed, and low lighting. I kind of like the vintage feel the graininess give the first two photos though.

I really thought about not posting these, not because I don't like the outfit but because I felt like the photography looks shoddy. One things that always turns me off to a blog is poor photography. I'm not saying I'm a professional, because obviously I'm not. I'm also not saying that I don't love the text involved in blogging, because I do and I always read the post that goes along with the photography. I just really (really) love looking a photos. I love seeing how people composed them, used available lighting, and of course what they're wearing. And I think a quality photo get the content across in a much more pleasurable way. Okay, did I make myself sound like a jerk? I really didn't mean to.

I decided to go ahead and post these because this blog is about me and my creative side, which much of the time is focused on fashion but also has a lot to do with the photography behind the outfit shots. I want to be able to look back at May 13, 2010 and remember that it was the day I pressed a thousand buttons on my camera because I was so excited about everything it could do.

You guys probably didn't need an entire post justifying my reason for posting grainy photos. Sometimes I just feel like I need to explain the reasoning behind why things are or look the way they do.

025-1
030-1
041-1
042-1
Shirt: Walmart
Shorts: Gap / via Plato's Closet
Shoes: Liz Claiborne / Thrifted via Salvation Army
Necklace: F21
Flower: dear, sweet Nana

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

You look so cute! I love your necklace... I want to try making one! How cute! Also I'm quite liking your shoes... they are subtle in the sense that they're similar to your skin-tone and it has a really nice effect in my opinion :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...