Wednesday, June 16, 2010

DIRT ROADS AND SKIRTS

I packed mostly dresses for this trip, which is out of the ordinary for me.

Anway, well it is all dirt roads, mud, and river out here. I'm not complaining - I love it, it just doesn't really scream "pack dresses, pack dresses" to me. Alas, I had several dresses/skirts that I needed to hem and not having a sewing machine or skill to do it myself, I brought them to my Nana (where I'm staying).

I actually ended up picking up three new skirts and two new dresses at one of the local-ish Goodwills and this is one of them. It used to be ankle length and was not very flattering, but good ol' Nana chopped it off and hemmed it for me. It contains two things that I am loving in skirts right now - an elastic waistband and big pockets.

DSC_0099
Shirt: Target
Skirt: Blair / thrifted via Warren, PA Goodwill
Belt: A'Gaci
Shoes: TOMS

3 comments:

Emily Kennedy said...

That skirt is SUPER cute on you. I never would have guessed it had an elastic waist. Your Nana did a great job!

Kyla said...

That skirt is ADORABLE!!! Let me know when you're here again or when you and Terra meet up. I'd love to tag along!

Lala And Bitsy said...

aw, i did the same thing with a super long denim skirt. instead i used one of those fabric adhesives. haven't worn it yet, but its inspiring to see it in you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...