Tuesday, June 15, 2010

PICKIN' WILDFLOWERS

One of the most well written posts I've read (in general, not just about this subject) was by Kristin from Leproust Vintage. She outlined much more than I knew in her post "Sincerest From Of Flattery." I can truly say that I was stunned, I didn't realize the extent of the issue at all. Is that ignorant of me, being a blogger of the fashion variety?

I've always known how Forever 21 pretty much blatantly put out nearly exact copies of more expensive items but up until recently, I hadn't really thought much about it. My budget doesn't give a ton of room for expensive designer pieces and, lets face it, Forever 21 has cheap and cute clothes. Once I started this blog, I realized that the majority of my closet of made up of F21. I wanted to add some variety (for myself and my readers) so I started shopping other places. I won't say that I've stopped stopping at F21 but the difference now is that I don't ONLY shop F21. I've learned that there are many alternatives for inexpensive (and more unique) clothing - such as thrift stores.

How does this tie into this outfit, you may ask? Well, my dress is from Target and when I saw lots of similarities to the Save the Date Dress from ModCloth. While the shape of the ModClother version is more defined, the colors and overall pattern are quite close to one another.

DSC_0094
DSC_0054
Dress: Target
Shirt: Walmart
Shoes: Zoe&Zac / Payless
Hat: Payless

**I've used F21 as a primary (ok well only) example in the copy of designer items. This is for two reasons: first, because I have seen the items in the store and second, because I've yet to be able to sit down and do some good research on the subject. I don't want to put something out there that I don't know or turly believe to be true.

2 comments:

Leah said...

I love the dress and you got it from Target? It's so pretty. You are right, it's almost the same as the Modcloth version. xoxo

Mother of Style said...

I noticed the same thing when I started posting my outfits on my blog- I have a bunch of Target :D, but really, style is style no matter what you sepend. It's about you as a person creating something attractive irrespective of the cost. People who only think something is fashionable because it was expensive are just dumb.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...