Tuesday, August 24, 2010

RANDOM CATCH UP

Before I get into anything, I'd like to thank Terra, Starr, and Kyla for doing guest posts for me while I was out of town. Actually, I'd like to extend that thank you to Christina also because I'm not quite sure I thanked her via blog for her guest post a few weeks ago. You ladies are all awesome and I admire your creativity with fashion and your blogs so much. So it means a lot to me that you guys took time out of your schedules to do me a favor. Thank you! 

Now, back to business as usual. I had an amazing (but short) third (and last) trip this summer to my see my family in PA. Baby Girl and I got to attend the Tionesta Indian Festival and ride on a fire truck in the parade (my daddy is in the volunteer fire department). As you can probably tell (if you clicked the link), the Indian Festival is not a very big event but I still love it. It is always so exciting seeing the town get ready for it all and plus, the rummage sales that go on that week are always great - hello, Etienne Aigner (possibly) vintage boots for $1. Anyway, we crammed a lot of fun things into less than a week so maybe for Photography Friday I will pull together some of the photos to share. 

This outfit was completely random. I really had forgotten about this skirt/dress until I opened my drawer in order to search for an entirely different skirt. I'm not quite sure about the length of it when it is worn as I wore it today though. What do you guys think, frumpy or fantastic or just fine (I can't help myself!)?

DSC_0252
DSC_0248
Tank Top: Walmart
Skirt: Carole Little / via Plato's Closet
Shoes: Bakers
Necklace: F21


And now for the pickle that I am in ... I am loving the olive green anorak/military inspired jacket look this season (who isn't?) but I really can't decide if I should go for the more expensive Gap version that I could probably wear for most of the winter in Texas or the less expensive, unlined version from Charlotte Russe, Wet Seal, or Windsor. What do you guys think? Should I invest or just get the cheapie? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...