Wednesday, August 25, 2010

THE RING

Ah, this ring. I love this ring. Forget about the outfit because it is all about the ring. Its big, gold, purpleish-blackish-brown and it is great. I got it at an antique store in Historic Downtown McKinney which, if I do say so myself, is such a quaint little area (and I'm a sucker for quaint little areas). There are so many fun stores on the square. I can spend all day looking at all of the unique things. Which is exactly what I did on the say I got this ring.

This is how it went ...

I was on a hunt for some Scrabble tiles. My daughter is into the whole I-wanna-play-with-the-big-colorful-and-slightly-ugly-letter-magnets thing and while I'm all for her doing her thing with the ABCs, I'm not a huge fan of the multicolored magnets. So the crafty side of me said, hmmm you like Scrabble tiles and you could totally get the letters and glue magnets on the back and that would look so much better on the fridge. Cool idea, yeah? Yeah, except for the fact that apparently the 'B' and 'K' tiles are extremely rare (ok I don't really know that I just know that I looked in, like, nine different shops and didn't find them) and really, I can't teach my child the alphabet without B and K - they're kinda necessary. So I lugged myself all over McKinney square looking for them. And wouldn't you know it, in the very last shop of the day, I found them ... and this ring.

So there ya have it. If I hadn't of had a problem with the ugly plastic magnets, I would have never found this little gem. And then what would I have rambled on about, geez!

DSC_0004
DSC_0001
DSC_0002
DSC_0003
DSC_0005
Dress: Target
Shirt: Miley Cyrus / Walmart
Belt: Nordstrom
Shoes: Payless
Rings: Vintage / Heirlooms in McKinney Square & Lia Sophia 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...