Wednesday, September 29, 2010

GIRLS' NIGHT

Wednesdays are my long days at school. Like I said yesterday, I go MWF but Mondays and Friday I am only there from 8ish-12ish - not bad at all. On Wednesdays I'm there from 8ish to 5ish because I have all my MF classes, plus a two hour wait pre-science lab, plus the three hour lab itself. I don't mind the lab itself because there are some really fun people in it and I love my professor. Actually, it would be too bad at all if lab day didn't also coincide with Girls' Night.

Now, Girls' Night sounds like it is just a rip-roaring good time. You know, some thing that should be help on a weekend (or at least some evening when you don't have to wake up early the next day). But honestly, it is just me and a good girlfriend getting together for a couple of hours and chatting (venting/unloading/laughing/crying) for a few hours. On most Wednesdays I am so exhausted by the time I get home that I just want to crash into my bed. The last thing I want to do is actually go out someplace but I am always so glad that I did. It is such a relief to have that time pre-slotted out to just catch up.

Now the outfit - I've been waiting, like a cat ready to pounce, for the right weather/time to wear this outfit. I think I might have gotten a little sick of waiting and jumped the gun because, truth be told, it was a little warm this afternoon for boots and a jacket (even it the sleeves WERE rolled up). But who cares? Not I! I kind love this get up. And I also am wondering why I don't take my photos is downtown McKinney (where these were taken and we hold Girls' Night) more often. There are soooo many awesome backdrops! I will have to make it a point to do more outfit photos down there.

DSC_0005
DSC_0008
DSC_0009
Dress: American Apparel
Jacket: Last Kiss via Ross
Boots: Thrifted (possibly vintage, I have had them for a year and I still don't know how to tell!) 
Belt: Thrifted via Goodwill
Bag: Foley&Corinna 
Necklace: Walmart


PS: These photos were courtesy of my friend, Ambre. Well, all but the last one, I took that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...