Thursday, September 16, 2010

A TALK

This outfit is pretty darn simple. There isn't a whole lot to say about it other than I got this t-shirt at Gap for $7. Yay for Labor Day sales!

But fear not, my friends, because I do have something else to talk about. First of all, shoes that rub. Raise your hand if you hate this, kids? These Old Navy heels are adorable and match, like, 98% of my closet but they always rub a pretty nasty blister on each of my big toes. But not anymore! I found the secret to rub free shoes (and not it isn't simply not buying shoes that rub!), it is Dr. Scholls For Her Rub Relief Strips. They are Heaven in a strip for those of us who want to wear shoes even if they're uncomfortable. Try them.  I have put them in pretty much every pair of shoes I own. (And, no I don't have some sort of secret agreement with Dr. Scholls to try to brainwash everyone into thinking their product is great. They just really are.)

The second thing on todays to-talk-about-list is getting things that you wanted to buy anyway for cheaper. Does that make sense? For example: I was planning on buying a pair of skinny cargos and a pair of corduroys. I scouted out the perfect pair of cargos at Ross for $12 but didn't buy them because I didn't exactly love the color. And I spotted the JCrew Toothpick Ankle Cords on sale for $30 but, alas, they were out of my size. So I had put both pairs of pants on hold for the time being thinking that, if all else fails, I will survive without them. That is until I went a few towns over to a brand new (to me) thrift store and found two pairs of skinny cargos and a pair of cords. The best part? The grand total for the three items was $19! Which is (if you read a few sentences above) less than just ONE pair of the JCrew cords on sale. I love it.

DSC_0001
DSC_0005
DSC_0003
Shirt: Gap
Shorts: F21
Shoes: Old Navy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...