Monday, October 25, 2010

JUMPY DRESS

Sometimes I just don't want to have to worry about belts, accessories or wrinkles. When this relatively lazy mood strikes (normally on most Saturdays, occasionally on Fridays - heck lets just call it the whole weekend) I always reach for what I have dubbed a 'jumpy' dress. I have professed my complete and totally love of these dresses several times, like here and here, yet I don't believe I've ever shared my term for them.

jumpy dress noun:
1. Dress characterized by a fiber content of at least 5% spandex and 95% of whatever else (normally polyester if we're being honest in this definition).
2. The best kind of dress. Ever.

I call it is jumpy dress because, well, it is bouncy and it always springs back into shape. Don't ask why I don't call it a 'bouncy' dress because I don't really know, jumpy dress just stuck as an acknowledged name between my mum and me.

So, yes, this is the very simple formula that I use when I don't want to think but I don't want to stay in my pjs - jumpy dress + me.

DSC_0016
DSC_0017
DSC_0018
DSC_0020
DSC_0019
Dress: Target via my mum's closet
Jacket: Ross
Shoes: Gap

2 comments:

Lise Marie said...

I love the phrase "jumpy dress" it is so fun!

http://southerncomfortga.blogspot.com/2010/10/how-west-was-worn.html

Anonymous said...

I think, that you commit an error. I can defend the position.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...