Tuesday, November 9, 2010

2/30: I'M A NEW SOLE

DSC_0016
5. Target // 15. ModCloth // 27. Vintage, Etienne Aigner 
DSC_0015
DSC_0021

These are the boots that will be making the long 30 for 30 journey with me. They had prior engagements (a trip to the cobbler to be resoled) when I was photographing my items but, never fear, they have returned. 

These boots are replacements (shh, don't tell them). At the beginning of the year, I thrifted a great pair of perfectly perfect vintage brown leather riding boots for $7.  I wore the heck outta them all last winter and was planning on doing so this winter. That is, until I same to the sad realization that the lining was ripped and I was getting vintage boot dust all over myself every time I took them off. They, too, made the trip to the cobbler but with less successful results. Sadly, they could not be fixed.

Luckily, while visiting my home town this summer I purchased these babies from a rummage sale - for $2. No, not a typo. Yes, $2. I don't even remember if I tried them on because, honestly, for $2 I would find somebody to wear them. It turned out that they fit but one of the soles had a huge crack in it, meaning that both soles needed replaced. Into the cobbler they go and out they come two weeks later with new soles. The total - $48.71 for resoling + $2 for the boots themself = $50.71 total. For awesome leather boots, not too bad at all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...