Friday, February 11, 2011

FRIEND FRIDAY: COLOR WARS

DSC_0023
Sweater: Gap // Blazer: Thrifted Nine West // Jeans: Gap // Booties: JCPenny
DSC_0015
Shirt: Target // Skirt: Vintage, hemmed // Tights: Hue & Gap // Booties: Forever21
DSC_0028
DSC_0032
You get two outfits today. Luuuucky! After a super long evening class, an upset tummy and one three year old tantrum, I decided to call it a day before I had a chance to post yesterday. I'll let the photos speak for themselves because today is my very first Friend Friday post! I've been watching from afar for a few weeks and I love reading everyone's answers, so I decided to chime in this week. 


1. What color dominates your closet? Black and grey are pulling even. 


2. If money weren't an issue how would you change the color emphasis 
in your closet? I would definitely buy more quality color pieces. If I’m investing in something, I tend to lean towards neutral colors because I feel like they’ll ‘go further’ (whatever that means). Right now, I would really love a couple colorful pencil skirts and a bright wool jacket.

3. What is your mantra about mixing colors? I used to be SO weird about mixing colors. I would never have considered dressing in complimentary and analogous colors before I started blogging. When I first started venturing into the world of color mixing, I printed out a color wheel and used it as a guide for what works together. After a while, I stopped looking at it and just went with what feels right. I’m definitely not scientific when it comes to it, hehe.

4. For you, how do you incorporate color into your outfits? I use a lot of jewelry to bring color into my outfits. It is easy, season-less and (most of the time) pretty inexpensive. A lot of the time I use colorful tights in addition to jewelry. I think they play off of each other well. 

5. Which blogger(s) do you think do a good job of incorporating color 
into their wardrobe? I definitely think that Suze from Miss Vinyl Ahoy does awesome things with color that I probably would never have the courage to pull off. I also adore how Terra from SWF pulls of such great colors so easily. 
Actually, I do have something to say about my 9th outfit ... I do not think I am a layering tights kinda girl. I love how it looks. I was so happy with the result. But, man, it wasn't so comfy. Am I doing this wrong? It is supposed to cut off circulation to my legs? Ok, it wasn't the bad but still! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...