Saturday, March 19, 2011

TxSCC: DAY THREE

DSC_0160
(Dress: F21 // Jacket: JCrew via Plato's Closet // Belt: Vintage Neiman Marcus //  Shoes: YellowBox)
DSC_0164

I was so excited for the conference. There were so many great people speaking and I really couldn't wait to just absorb everything that was to be said. Being the avid note take/list maker that I am, I brought a special notebook just for bloggity stuff. Despite the special notebook, I actually spent very little time writing things down. I just sat and listened. It was great. 

Jennine delivered a great keynote speech. It was such an inspiring way to kick off the conference. She focused on the very simple things that we sometimes forget about when we start blogging - being honest, showing up even when you might not feel like it and doing the work. She highlighted so many things but, at the heart of it, I feel like it really came down to doing the best that you can do and being happy with that. 

I got a lot out of all of the panels but I have to say that I most enjoyed the Longevity panel (featuring Kyla, Katy and Jennine) and the Authenticity panel (featuring Jen, Indiana and James). They were the two that I was originally looking forward to the most and neither one disappointed. Both panels were really relaxed and seemed to have a really good conversation flow. 

All in all, it was a great weekend and I really felt like I learned a lot. I was great to finally get to meet all these wonderful people. I'm glad that I got the opportunity to attend. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...