Monday, April 18, 2011

CAMEL

DSC_0124
(shirt: french connection for sears / skirt: thrifted liz claiborne / belt: vintage / bag: thrifted liz claiborne / shoe target) 

There were two things I learned while wearing this outfit - number one, getting in and out of a truck while wearing a pencil is easier said than done; and number two, 60 degrees feels much chillier when the wind is blowing at 35mph. If you follow me on Twitter, I apologize because you have already found out that I've learned these two lessons.


I thrifted this skirt a few years ago but have rarely worn it because I thought it was a weird color and make my skin color look strange. When I pulled it out a few days ago I though, um this is camel and there is nothing weird about camel. It is pretty much universally flatter and, um hello, a neutral. You can't call a neutral weird. Can you?

Anyway. I loved this look. It has been in the back of my mind for a few weeks now and, even though I had no reason to look this pulled together on a Friday, I felt great in it. However, since I attended the grand opening of the new Allen, TX Cabela's in this get-up, I did feel a little overdressed amongst the see of camo shirts.

Oh and PS: I also tried a super yummy pizza place. If you are ever in the McKinney, TX area, you really have to try it. It. Was. Delish.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...