Monday, April 11, 2011

CAN I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION, PLEASE

DSC_0108
DSC_0124
DSC_0194
DSC_0204
DSC_0023

I've been waiting for the "right" time to break this news on the blog and, since April 11th begins the one month countdown, I decided today was the day.

On May 11th, I will be changing my status from a Texas style blogger to a Pennsylvania style blogger. Yep - we're moving! It is something that we've been wanting for a while but the time has never been right. But, at the end of this semester I will have earned my Associates degree (finally) and, instead of applying to Texas schools and putting off a move that we've been wanting, we decided to take the plunge and move back home (and to apply to PA schools, of course). I am so, so excited but so, so stressed out about it. The list of thing that have to be done pre-move is out of control. I'm really happy that I will be back home. While I've lived in Texas for going on ten years and half of my family is here, it has never really been the place for me. I miss the northeast a lot and it has always felt like home ... even with the snow showers in April (the good with the bad, hehe). I am going to miss my family and friends a lot but, in the end, I know that this is the right choice for us. 

So, not only THAT but I will also be getting married at the end of August. Can we talk about stress for a second? A move the spans 1,300 miles and planning an out of state wedding. What was I thinking?! I am only one woman. But, in all seriousness, I am so happy about it all. A lot of things are happening and changing all at once but I can honestly say I've never felt more on track than I feel right now. 

And, yes, I realize that those photos have nothing to do with the content of this post. They're leftovers from my self-portrait project but it felt kind of strange throwing my a big sea of words without any photos. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...