Monday, April 25, 2011

LIGHTENING THE LOAD

DSC_0127
(button up shirt: thrifted old navy / t-shirt: gap / shorts: american eagle / shoes: converse)
DSC_0133

Holy cow, people. I am moving in 16 days.

Moving is hard work. Who knew? I feel like there is so much left to do. It is a little frustrating because, while I'd like to, I can't pack up everything because there is still a lot of things we'll need in the next two weeks. Yesterday, we spent most of the day taking apart all of baby girl's large toys and getting them ready to pack. I thought she would be really upset but she handled it so well - such a big girl! We left a handful of her favorite books and toys out so that she isn't completely bored for the next few weeks.

I haven't ever made a big move like this in my adult life before so it is a little exciting. I love the idea of being able to edit our belongings down to what we really love and need. I've gotten rid of so much junk that doesn't serve a purpose. I've gone through all of baby girl's toys and donated the ones that she doesn't use and gotten rid of the broken ones. It has definitely lightened the load a little bit.

Anyway ... the outfit. This was easy and that is pretty much what I aim for on weekends (who am I kidding, I aim for easy every day of the week). I thrifted this top last week. I've been dying for the very similar JCrew one but, since its been sold out for forever, I've been looking for a substitute. I have seen this shirt floating around the blogosphere and I lucked out to find it for $1.49. It is so light - perfect for Spring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...