Tuesday, April 19, 2011

SURPRISE

DSC_0197
(tank, skirt: target / belt: thrifted / shoes: baker's / necklace: gorjana via shopbop)
DSC_0198
DSC_0210
DSC_0203

I love how, from the front, this outfit says I'm cute but nothing too crazy or out of control. Then, from the back, it is like oh hey there, you thought I was boring but you didn't wait to see my fun surprise stripes.


I was definitely going for an all neutral look here but, looking back on it, I think I would have liked the whole thing better with a bright scarf or colorful pair of shoes. Other than that, this outfit was pretty much the comfiest thing in the world. This Target tank is awesome (I'm not sure if it is still in stores, I snagged mine at Plato's closet) is such a great summer tank - super silky in the front and the softest cotton ever in the back. I also like that it isn't your run of the mill, plain tank.

In the last few months, I have become increasingly aware of the lack of separates inhabiting my closet. I have lots of plain tanks and tees but hardly any unique or printed blouse-type tops. I've made it a point to be a little more intentional about buying these things. It is so easy for me want to buy dresses because, well, they're easy. But, lately, I've been leaning more towards pairing separates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...