Thursday, July 14, 2011

FIRE FLY

DSC_0651
(shirt, cardi: gap / shorts: american eagle / sandals: walmart / scarf, belt: thrifted)
DSC_0652
DSC_0648

I have found some really great scarves at thrift stores lately. They are just so easy to tie on and add some color to an otherwise rather bland outfit. My only problem is that all of the ones that I've been collecting from thrift stores as of late are the same length and I'm having trouble figuring out a way to wear them that isn't a carbon copy of this one.


So, if you follow me on Twitter you know that my fiancee had a hand in helping to put out a fire that potentially could have damaged an apartment building. He is a volunteer firefighter and does this kinda stuff all the time but it was especially cool since we are on vacation and he is nowhere near his fire station. It was a mattress that had been pulled into an alley and lit on fire. The mattress was pretty much fully engulfed when we saw it. It was pretty late and everyone in the building was sleeping so if we hadn't of been in the right place at the right time, it definitely could have been a lot worse. Mr. Fiancee can be pretty handy at times.


photo 1
It was pretty diminished by the time I snap this photo.
photo 2
Then the fire truck showed up.
photo 3
And they sprayed water on the already put out fire. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...