Thursday, July 21, 2011

NEW TO NEON

DSC_0904
(shirt, belt, scarf: target / shorts: plato's closet / bag: jo totes / sandals: old navy / earrings: mommed)
DSC_0907
DSC_0915
DSC_0919
DSC_0921
DSC_0928
DSC_0931

I've never really been super crazy about the neon trend. I'm always at a loss when it comes to styling it. Even after buying these shorts, I still only ever paired them with neutrals rather than pulling out the bright colors. Then, the other day when I wore this, I had the intense desire to add a little jolt of color to the outfit. I had seen some neon skinny belts at Target and decided that a neon skinny belt was exactly what my closet was missing. After settling on pink I headed to the check out, a path that just happened to lead me right past the clearance accessories section (totally on accident, obviously) and I saw two Calypso St. Barth for Target scarves (neon green and orange) marked down from $20 to $5. How do you pass that up? For someone who is a self-proclaimed non-neon dresser, I left Target with, not one, but three new neon items.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...