Wednesday, August 24, 2011

ABOUT THIS WEATHER

DSC_0080
DSC_0083
DSC_0086
DSC_0089
(Please excuse the face that it looks like my last two fingers are nubs. I did not lose them in a horrible vegetable cutting accident, I simply had them positioned strangely.)

Tank: TJMaxx
Jeans: Gap
Wedges: Target
Bracelets: Target (I think)

Prepare yourself for a very wordy post about my thoughts on the weather. Yes, the weather.

My dad's girlfriend's daughter goes back to school next week so her and her mom came to Erie for a little back to school shopping. I really didn't want to buy anything until I finished getting all of my things unpacked and organized but this top caught my eye. I went back and forth on buying it because a.) it was full price and, even at $12, I kind of hate paying full price for things; and b.) it is definitely a summer piece and, lets face it, autumn is knocking at our door right now. In the end, I couldn't say no (obviously) because I loved the colors and pattern so much.

The change of seasons is so different in Pennsylvania. Maybe it is because they have more distinct changes than Texas does or maybe it just feels that way because I know it is coming but, either way, I can definitely feel things beginning to turn. When I stepped outside this morning the wind was blowing leaves around like crazy and, even though it was a warm breeze, it definitely signaled to me that autumn is coming pretty quickly. I've got such mixed feeling about this. In Texas, I always jumped the gun on autumn because it didn't come around until the beginning of November usually. So, mid-September I would be dying for it and decide to start dressing the part even though it was still 80 degrees outside. However, I know that this year it will be different because autumn is going to come much, much more quickly. And, after autumn, comes winter and with winter comes the realization that I will not be able to don airy tanks (by themselves, anyway) for a good six months. I don't mean to sound negative about it at all because, to be completely honest, I am like a little kid when it comes to piles of leaves and snow (blame it on ten years of living in a climate that doesn't allow for much snow). I just find myself being a little more mindful and thankful for the last few weeks of warm weather rather than cursing them as I would have done in Texas.

In so many posts I find myself discussing or wanting to discuss the weather. I know this can get boring and monotonous but, in all reality, the weather has SO much to do with this particular genre of blogs. Even more than that is the fact that the weather hugely impacts the way I feel. Some people love the heat and, therefore, really despise winter. On the flip side, some people really dislike the heat and live for chilly temps. What I like about where I live now is knowing that another season is coming. I know, without fail, that the leaves will fall and the snow will come. I also know that the snow will melt eventually, the flowers will bloom and summer will come. It is knowing the change is always just around the corner that I really enjoy.

Disclaimer: I don't mean to sound down on Texas (and all of the other hot states) because I don't feel that way at all. I just happen to be very bad at dealing with the kind of heat that they experience.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...