Monday, August 22, 2011

LAKE EFFECT

DSC_0058
DSC_0060
DSC_0061
DSC_0062
DSC_0063
Shirt: French Connection for Sears
Shorts: American Eagle
Shoes: Steve Madden
Necklace: Thrifted
Sunnies: Tom Ford

We had friends in town from Texas over the weekend and one of the things I was most excited to show them about my new town is how beautiful the Erie bay is. I get a view of it every day when I walk the pup and I can honestly say it hasn't disappointed yet. While I love the idea of the beach, I am definitely a lake girl at heart. I grew up swimming, camping and boating on lakes and so there is something about cool, fresh water that I really, really love. Erie gets a lot of flack for the amount of snow it gets in the winter (6th snowiest city in the US) but, I'll take the snow and cold all winter in order to get the beautiful sunsets all spring and summer.

I knew we'd be spending a good portion of the day down by the bay and I wanted to bring in some nautical accents. I decided that the outfit needed a little spicing up, hence the leopard flats. It was great for exploring downtown with friends for the day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...