Wednesday, September 14, 2011

CRAZY SHORTS

DSC_0023 DSC_0033
(Ignore the white fuzzies on my black shirt, I took a nap with baby girl and she was sleeping with a white fuzzy blanket.)
DSC_0037 DSC_0019
(Speaking of baby girl, she likes to jump in on outfit shots now and then.)

Shirt: Walmart
Shorts: Plato's Closet
Shoes: Gap
Belt: scarf, borrowed from my mum
Watch: c/o TIKKR
Bracelets: borrowed from my mum

These are my crazy pants, er shorts. I bought them for three reasons -- patterned shorts were "in" for spring/summer, neon made a little comeback and they were on a clearance rack at Plato's closet. Most of my outfits are dictated by what is in or what is out but when it comes to trends I'd like to try out, I always head for some sort of resale shop or thrift store. I can try things out without feeling guilty if it ends up not being my thing.

I threw these shorts into my suitcase at the last minute. I have only worn them once on the blog and I wanted to give them another shot at summer styling before heading into tights weather. I didn't really plan anything else to go with them, which is where the plain black tee came in. Since it was kinda boring (well, as kinda boring as multi-color, striped shorts can be), I loaded on my chunky TIKKR watch and a bunch of bracelets. I like the funky effect of the crazy colored shorts with all the arm candy and how the black top really let the colors speak for themselves.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...