Tuesday, September 13, 2011

OLIVE JUICE, OLIVE

DSC_0139 DSC_0143 DSC_0146 DSC_0153 DSC_0161 DSC_0162
Tank: TJMaxx
Shorts: Gap, Plato's Closet
Cardigan: Nordstrom
Shoes: Gap
Necklace: borrowed from my mum

I was all ready to usher autumn in until baby girl and I took a trip to visit my mum in North Carolina. It is still pretty darn warm down here, guys. I am enjoying it because I know when I go back to PA, it is going to start cooling off fast. I'm ready for it and all but one last week of summery outfits won't kill me.

In my mind, olive is definitely a neutral and goes with basically everything. Isn't it funny how the longer you are exposed to a certain color, the more you find to match with it? Is that just me? So, while this tank and these shorts don't absolutely match, I really like how the colors in the top play off of the muted green of the shorts. I think the kinda mismatched tank and shorts lend a more casual vibe to the outfit. I topped it off with the black cardi because this tank is so billowy and I wanted a slightly slimmer silhouette.

We spend the day visiting some thrift stores in the area to gather supplies for wedding center pieces. I am really excited to actually translate my vision for the wedding into reality. It is also really fun for me to gather the things via thrift stores and yard sales because I never know exactly what I'm going to find, which forces me to find unique uses for items.

PS: Get it -- olive juice, olive? Did you ever play that game when you were younger? You mouth "olive juice" and it looks like "I love you" and it is really funny because you were in third grade and saying "I love you" is always funny in third grade. No? Well, oh well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...