Tuesday, October 18, 2011

CAMEL

DSC_0436 DSC_0432 DSC_0432 DSC_0434 DSC_0440 DSC_0443

Sweater: H&M
Shirt: French Connection for Sears
Jeans: Gap
Shoes: F21
Necklaces: gold, rummage same; navy, F21

I am completely guilty of shopping for clothing without a list. You'd think I'd learn by spending way too much money on things that I really didn't need (and probably won't really wear that much) but, sadly, it took the development of a pretty intense budget to open my eyes to the error of my ways. Now, I have a list that is separated into two categories -- items that I think will add to the functionality of my closet for years (read: investment items) and items that I think will inject a little spice into my closet (read: I-won't cry-if-I-don't-find-them items).  I keep it on my iPhone and consult it before I walk into any clothing store. While I realize that this is definitely NOT a new concept, I is only that has really helped me get my spending (and closet) under control.

Camel was one of the things on my list. I didn't know in what form I wanted it - dress, coat, pants, sweater - but I knew I wanted to inject a little bit of it into my autumn wardrobe and that I wanted the piece to be as versatile as possible. It came down to this open front sweater and a thinner jersey knit dress and, since we are bordering the winter months, I decided that the sweater was probably the better option.

Along with specific items, I have a lot of ideas, colors and textures on my wish list - thick knits, warm colors, big pockets, camel, burgundy ... and so on. I also picture the weather that is coming up and think about what I'll be doing in it - reading a book, drinking hot cocoa, going on snowy walks - and what feelings I'll want to have from the clothes I'm wearing - mostly just coziness. What is on your wish list? What feelings, colors, textures, photos, whatever are you inspired by? I'd love to see and hear about them! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...