Monday, October 24, 2011

CLASSICS

DSC_0127 DSC_0121 DSC_0131 DSC_0139

Dress: Calvin Klein
Sweater: Eddie Bauer, thrifted
Tights: Target
Socks: Target
Boots: vintage, rummage sale
Belt: vintage, thrifted
Ring: vintage, antique shop

I was on the fence about this dress. I've been trying to be absolutely meaningful when adding to my closet. I've been making it a point to really think about how individual items will play with the rest of the things that already reside in my closet. At first thought, a leopard print dress does not strike me as super versatile and I almost put it back on the rack. Three things saved it ... the fabric (that jumpy material that NEVER wrinkles), the absolutely beautiful draping at the waist and the price (on sale).

Once I finally decided to buy it and bring it home, I googled ways to wear it and came away with a ton of ideas. For its debut, I really wanted to go casual. I wore it on my last day as an unmarried woman and (obviously) had a ton of stuff to do, so I needed something warm and comfy to don in order to knock things off my to do list. A wooly sweater, flat boots and tall socks really fit the bill.

PS: Oh my goodness, you guys. I'm married. Wow. More on that later (when I have the photos back and can share the story with the photos).

PPS: It was amazing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...