Wednesday, November 30, 2011

FORMULA

DSC_0075 
Little girl and her best buddy, sleeping in the car.
DSC_0087 
Husband, little girl and dog are pretty lazy in the morning.
DSC_0094 
The view from where we stayed in Waterbury, VT. I booked this place with Air BnB. (I highly recommend this mini apartment - very clean and more private than a hotel.)
DSC_0088 
I love Vermont!
DSC_0124 DSC_0127 DSC_0130 DSC_0134 

Tunic: Ross
Sweater: Target
Leggings: Kohl's
Socks: Target
Boots: vinage, thrifted
Pin: Ben & Jerry's
Sunnies: Tom Ford

DSC_0132 
Little girl in all her mismatched glory.
DSC_0137 
Husband enjoyed a chocolate shake after our factory tour at Ben & Jerry's.
DSC_0144 
We stopped at Zebs General Store in North Conway, NH to stretch our legs and enjoy a yummy beverage, so good!
DSC_0146

Nine times out of ten, when we travel, we drive. I grew up taking long road trips and always really enjoyed being able to see parts of the US that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten to see. That and it is so much cheaper than buying three plane tickets. Obviously, when you are spending 14+ hours in the sitting position, comfort is high on the list. My formula is pretty close to that of everyone else who travels:

layers in neutral colors (husband and I sometimes have different views on what is a comfy temp)
+
leggings
+
easy on, easy off shoes (be it sandals or boots, I like to kick my shoes off)
+
sunnies (because hours and hours in the car can leave you looking a bit haggard)
=
a happy traveller 

We had an absolutely WONDERFUL vacation. We saw so many new and exciting things, got to spend time with family and friends, and had lots of laughs in the car along the way. Definitely a win in my book!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...