Monday, November 7, 2011

MOD SQUAD

DSC_0041 DSC_0043 DSC_0045 DSC_0053 DSC_0051 DSC_0056DSC_0058

Jacket: JCrew, Plato's Closet
Dress: H&M
Scarf: thrifted
Socks: Target
Boots: Kohl's

The shape of this dress is much different than I would usually pick up to try on. It is very straight up and down -- a lot more mod than I normally gravitate towards. But, when I tried it on I was pleasantly surprised -- I loved it. It is a pretty thick knit and I've been looking for clothing that will transition well into the colder freezing months. In Texas I could get away with winterizing nearly all of my summer dresses but I have a feeling that I won't be able to make the thinner ones stretch as far during an Erie winter. One thing that I was definitely missing was a winter version of this little black dress.

It is still warm enough to get away with going sans tights and I'm going to take advantage of it while I can. It is so funny because this time last year, I was dying to wear tights and jumped at any chance to wear them (I'm pretty sure I wore them when it was 68 degrees out one day). Since I know tights weather is a pretty long affair in the northeast, I have a slightly different outlook this year and I'm milking the last few days of bare(ish) legs.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...