Wednesday, November 9, 2011

YOU'RE SO VAIN

DSC_0062 DSC_0060 DSC_0067 DSC_0070

Dress: Calvin Klein
Cardi: Nordstrom
Belt: Target
Shoes: Gap

After buying this dress, I immediately came home and started pouring though pinterest and my favorite blogs to try to find ways to make the most of it. I came up with a lot of great options, both casual and a little more pulled together. You saw my casual version and I wanted to go a little more pulled together this time around.

I would have never thought to pair leopard with hot pink. I mean, they are both pretty loud on their own and wouldn't they just be too much together? Not so, my friend. I struggled between adding a pink belt or pink blazer and, in the end, went with the blazer. I had to go to the DMV to get my picture and I wanted a relatively neutral picture.

Speaking of DMV photos ... does anybody else think about this? I even thought about what colors would be on the license. Texas was red and blue and, in nearly all of my Texas license photos, I'm wearing white or red. Please tell me I'm not the only person in the world who worries about what their driver's license photos look like? Because, by the scene surveyed at the Erie DMV, not many people (other than the adorable 75 year old women sitting next to me) care. Am I just vain?

Also ... completely unrelated to my outfit, if you are engaged and planning on changing your name once you tie the knot, I seriously suggest that you practice signing your new last name. After 23 years of getting used to signing one name, it was incredibly difficult for me to make my hand sign my new last name. So much so that it took me not one, not two but three times to get it right. Yes, thats right, I signed my maiden name twice in a row before I finally got it right (I'm pretty sure the DMV lady thought I was nuts).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...