Wednesday, December 21, 2011

RED + MAROON

DSC_0265

Dress: H&M
Tights: Kohl's
Scarf: gift from my mum
Boots, Socks: Steve Madden
Bag: Michael Kors

DSC_0272 DSC_0269 DSC_0277 DSC_0278

I know that every other style blogger (heck, every other anything blogger) is saying it buuuuuut, for it being December 21st, the weather is insanely mild. Mild and rainy. Very rainy.

Little girl left for Texas yesterday. For one month. This is officially the longest I will have ever been away from her. It was sad. I cried. And I am, by no means, a cryer. I distracted myself from the fact that I won't see my baby for a month with a trip to H&M because we don't have one in Erie. I've never been a huge believer in retail therapy. I find that I only make bad choices when I shop while I'm upset. I simply planned the trip to give myself something to look forward to because I knew I'd be upset after dropping her off. As I expected, I was pretty much indifferent about the shopping trip. Somehow it just isn't as fun to try on clothes when you can't get your four (going on forty) year old's opinion about how they look.

I really love the look of bright red combined with maroon (or wine, I don't really know the difference between the two). In most cases, I've seen it demonstrated with red pants and a maroon top. Since I don't own 1/2 of the equation (the red pants, despite my countless attempts to find a suitable pair) I decided to try and go about it a different way. My mum gave me this ruffle-y scarf for Christmas and it was the perfect springboard for the color combo. I love when certain items can dictate color combinations for you ... it makes it so simple. I donned the wellies out of necessity but, with the bright red zipper, they definitely ended up being the finishing touch to the outfit.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...