Friday, January 13, 2012

BORROWED

DSC_0086

Sweater: Target, via Plato's Closet
Skirt: thrifted, no tags
Tights: Kohl's
Belt: F21
Shoes: JCPenny

DSC_0088 DSC_0095 DSC_0102
(PS: I totally love how the pattern in my tights subtly echos the pattern in my skirt. I'm a sucker for details like that.)

When I wear a plaid midi skirt such as this one, I always hover between feeling a little more adult and pulled together and feeling like a teenager going to a sock hop or something of that nature. For me, it is all in the hair. With this outfit, a pony tail made me feel very juvenile but, as soon as I pulled the sucker out, I felt chic. It is funny how such a simple tweak can totally change how you feel about a look.

I have to say that this outfit was completely inspired by Kyla from Blue Collar Catwalk. I thrifted this skirt specifically to "borrow" this outfit from her. She has been killing it lately in blood orange with leopard and she is, quite honestly, the only person I've seen that can rock the overalls thing (with plaid, nonetheless!) without looking like a farmer.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Northwest Pennsylvania has finally gotten a little fluff on the ground  so I plan on sipping hot beverages and reading this book.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...