Thursday, January 19, 2012

FURRY FRIEND

DSC_0010

Turtleneck: Burlington Coat Factory
Vest: Romwe
Jeans: Gap
Boots: Kohl's
Necklace: Forever 21

DSC_0017 DSC_0021 DSC_0026

I find myself gravitating towards more classic pieces and colors in the winter. I truly think the reasoning behind has a lot to do with the fact that I spent the last 18 years of my life in an academic setting with summers off and winters hitting the books. After a carefree summer, I've always welcomed the returning structure that school brought to my life. I suppose it is the same with clothing ... after a summer filled with breezy dresses, cut off and sandals, I'm ready for more timeless pieces. After all, fall/winter is when we end up buying most of our "classic" investment pieces, is it not?

I've wanted a fur vest for the better part of a year but never found one that I loved until I saw this one from Romwe. Husband was kind enough (read: I sent him the link fifty times to make sure he knew I really wanted it) to get it for me for Christmas. Sticking with my previous statements about classics ... I wanted to keep the outfit pretty simple. I threw in a statement necklace and bright pink lips + nails to brighten it up just a tad.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...