Thursday, January 5, 2012

SEASONAL

DSC_0025

Turtleneck: Burlington
Sweater: H&M
Skirt: thrifted, hemmed
Tights: TJMaxx (fleece lined=the most amazing thing ever)
Belt: F21
Necklace: gift
Boots: Enzo Angiolini

DSC_0028 DSC_0031

We got snow! And bangs! (Well, not all of Erie got bangs ... just me as far as this little blog is concerned.) Yeah, snow is wet, messy, cold, difficult to drive it ... yadda yadda yadda ... BUT is sure is pretty. If the world is going to look barren, I at least prefer a little sparkly snow to brighten it up a bit.

I've been noticing more and more how, as my closet used to be a year round closet, it just doesn't have the stamina to stand up to consistently cold temperatures. As I said before, in Texas I was able to wear 90% of my closet year round simply by layering. In Erie, is a whole different ball game as thin, summery fabrics just don't have the ability to stand up to the wind coming off the lake.

I have been been loving mixes of neutrals lately. Classic colors that don't require much thought or matching to look pulled together. For some reason, neutrals (especially camel and grey for some reason) equal comfort to me. They don't make me feel down and depressed as I hear so many other people describe them as. Don't get me wrong, I definitely dig shots of color, I just don't necessarily think that a neutral outfit has to make the wearer feel down in the dumps.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...