Monday, February 6, 2012

LIFESTYLES

Warning: The following post has absolutely nothing to do with the elements of this outfit. It is just a little blurb about what has been brewing in my mind as of late.

DSC_0023
DSC_0028 DSC_0030 DSC_0031

Blouse: Kohl's
Sweater: Target
Jeans: Target, swapped
Shoes: Gap
Pearls: gift from my mum
Belt: Forever21

I've been a stay at home mum as well as a student for the past four years. I've always had classes to get to and meeting to attend, therefore I've always had a solid reason for getting dressed in the morning. However, when we moved to Pennsylvania, I decided that I wouldn't be going back to school for the time being. (In Texas, my daughter stayed with her grandma while I was in class and there wasn't a grandma around to watch her anymore. And do you know the cost of good child care? Insane.) Husband and I decided that since it is financially possible for me to be a stay at home mum, that it was the best choice for us. I didn't think that transitioning from stay at home mum/student to just stay at home mum would be that big of a deal but it kind of has been. It is really difficult for me to get used to not having a certain place to be at a certain time. I am beginning to see that I thrive on a schedule because, for me, it is way to easy to get sucked into the internet and find myself in my pjs at lunch time. Most days we hang out at home and do things around the house. Once or twice a week we run errands and go to the library or the Children's museum but, other than that, we are pretty much at home. I didn't think about how this life shift would change my take on getting dressed. For the most part, I've turned to much simpler fashions. Gone are the belted pencil skirts because they simply impractical for my lifestyle. I wear less makeup, little to no accessories and lower heels. In comparison to my archives for the past two years, my outfits these days seem boring to me and I find myself questioning if they are even worth posting. I toggle between feeling constantly over dressed and uncomfortable and slipping into a yoga pant and tee shirt trap. I don't know if it is just a phase I'm going through on the path to adjusting to not being a student anymore or if I'm feeling the effects of being in the middle of this weird not-quite-winter but not-quite-spring seasons or if I'm all consumed with the task of trying to find a house to buy or if I'm getting too wrapped up in comparing myself to other bloggers. Either way, I needed a little step back from it all. I can't say that I've come to any conclusion other than the simple realization that my lifestyle in Pennsylvania is far different than it was in Texas. It seems silly but, up until this point, I really don't think that I acknowledged that.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...