Thursday, May 10, 2012

BLACK, BROWN, CAMEL

DSC_0124

Dress: ???, Gabriel Brothers
Cardi: Ann Taylor LOFT, thrifted
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Belt: A'Gaci

DSC_0131 DSC_0127

When done right, I think that black paired brown can make a classic, beautiful outfit. I used to be a sceptic about this but when it is worn with intentions, it is actually really easy to pull off. I like to let the majority of my outfit be one color and use the other color for accents - black dress, brown belt and shoes. If you're a little leery about mixing the two, having one piece that mixes them for you is always an easy way to incorporate them (actually, I really think this goes for pretty much all color mixing) - like this cardigan, if I wore it with a brown dress I would probably go with black accessories to break up the brown and tie into the pattern on the cardigan (a scarf, necklace always works well also).

I've become a sucker for patterns mixing neutrals, like this cardigan, simply because they are so versatile. When packing for a trip, it is nice to be able to pack one neutral cover up and know that it will match pretty much everything that you packed. Which is great, especially in the summer when you'd much rather spend your time enjoying your vacation than worrying about whether things match or not.

In other news, we applied for our mortgage today. How did we get this grown up?! While the deal is far from being done and set in stone, we are on our way to becoming first time home owners. Its a pretty heavy thing, buying a house. There is so much that goes into it and, if you're planning on staying for a while, there is so much to consider - schools, neighborhoods and the proximity of wine grocery stores (I kid, I kid) top our list. The house we picked (and will hopefully get) definitely needs a facelift on the inside. It is completely livable but is really on the worn side. I'm so excited to actually be able customize a house of our own. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...