Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FROM BAD TO RAD: TAKE THREE

In this feature, I am going to take an outfit that I wasn't crazy about from last year and try to make it into something that I love. To keep it a little more challenging, I will translate as many elements as possible from the original outfit into the new outfit.


FROM BAD:
DSC_0185 
(See outfit detail in original post.)

WHY BAD?
I think most of the blame lies in the jacket. I got it at a swap and I mostly picked it up because I was going through a safari jacket phase, it was Banana Republic (label whore) and it was a springy white. It took me exactly one wear to realize that the shape does nothing for me. Which, ultimately, is likely why the original owner picked it to swap. I no longer have the jacket or the shoes, and to be completely honest, I'm not crazy about the cognac color with the dress to begin with.

TO RAD:
DSC_0145 
(Dress: Target // Cardi: Nordstrom // Belt: Forever 21 // Shoes: Thrifted)

DSC_0153


WHY RAD?
It took me a long time to do this segment of From Bad to Rad because, well, I didn't like anything about the original outfit - not even the dress. I didn't like the color combination, which didn't leave me much to go on when creating a new version. So, I abandoned my own rules and went with a different color combination and super simple styling. I really like how the black kind of grounds the pattern of the dress. It makes a nice back drop for the pattern. Sometimes it is best to keep things super simple.

Also, I tend to hoard clothes that I want to work but that never really do. I realized that not only do I not really like this dress, but I also don't really like these shoes. Time to let them go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...