Thursday, June 21, 2012

SAVER

DSC_0014

Top: Old Navy
Shorts: American Eagle
Shoes: Minnetonka
Bracelets: carnival vendor

DSC_0020 DSC_0024

Do you save clothing for a special occasion? Or are you the type of person that wears your purchases right away? Months ago, I read a super great post about this subject.

I loved the post because it really resonated with me. For most items, I am definitely a saver. There are certain items like, shoes, handbags and jewelry, that I normally put into rotation right away. However, I've been known to keep dresses, tops and skirts for months and months waiting for the "perfect" occasion to break them out. I think that has a lot to do with me wanting to preserve the "new" feeling of an item. Also, it probably doesn't help that I shop a lot of end of season sales and often end up with clothes that don't quite fit the weather yet.

This top is one of those end of season purchases that has been sitting in closet for far too long awaiting its turn. Sometimes when I finally wear something that I've been saving for some unknown event, I get disappointed in myself. Slowly, but surely, I am trying to pull myself away from these habits. I buy these things ... so I should enjoy them. Either that, or not buy them in the first place. Right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...