Wednesday, July 25, 2012

GE FAMILY DAYS

DSC_0186 DSC_0191

Tank: Gap Outlet
Shorts: Gap Outlet
Scarf: Gap, thrifted
Shoes: Minnetonka
Sunnies: Simply Vera, Kohl's
(Holy Gap outfit, Batman!)

DSC_0193

On a scale of 1-10 how pathetic is it that I have only two outfits that have been in constant rotation in my life over the last two or three weeks? I have my working-on-the-house clothes (paint splattered shorts and tee) and my running-to-Lowe's clothes (denim shorts and a tank). Sad? Yes. True? Yes.

But this day? This day we got to do something other than work on our house. Which, is pretty awesome when all you've done is sand and prime and paint for two weeks. Last Saturday we headed out to General Electric's family days to tour the facilities and find out what Husband does all day. It was amazing. I mean, I know he works hard but it was so awesome to get to see where he works all day.

He works for GE Transportation building the control console for locomotives. So, long story short, he welds together the thing that tells the locomotive what to do. That, and he also welds the horn on ... he always likes to point that out when we hear on. Actually pretty cool, if you ask me. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...